Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beach Song



 I hear through my thin walls a cry
  in the shack by the ocean where I lie
  the sound of two people inside
  in the dark, when the moon is not so high
  "Oh my lover I love you, come to me
  Oh my lover I love you, come to me"

  I can't sleep, I walk in the moonlight
  with the sound ringing 'round inside my head
  I know they are trying to be so quiet
  but they can't keep from calling out instead
  "Oh my lover I love you, come to me
  oh my lover I love you, come to me"

  "I have waited for you so long
   in the night with a fire in the wind
  I have waited for you so long
  now I lie in your holy arms again."

  I come back to see they are sleeping
  in the sand like a puppy or a child
  I'll hold your secret for safekeeping
  for the sound of the fire in the wild

  but the echo of your lovemaking
  keeps me up long beyond the sunrise
  like a cymbal or a bell that rings
  long beyond any time the drummer strikes
  "oh my lover I love you, come to me
  oh my lover I love you, come to me"

     M@  2009

No comments:

Post a Comment