Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You're My Shelia


you're my Sheila
I want another girl I never feel her
and when the dogs are sniffing round
I send them all off to the pound
I'll keep you tethered to the ground
dope or tequila

you're my Betty
I love you, I was young, I loved my teddy
sometimes it even feels infirm
I'm like a hungry dried-out worm
up nights and Sundays at the firm
I wasn't ready

you're my Debby
I'll keep you even when you get too heavy
so if I'm lazy and I'm bald
when Mother Nature hasn't called 
when heat has lost the power to scald 
will you forget me?

I overlook the hairy chin 
the somewhat loopy gappy grin
falling asleep while I just talk
flouride, it's like my teeth on chalk
the chest that searches Davy's Locker
booty lost from knickerbockers
sin deserts the dull synapses
please forgive me all my lapses

you're my Linda
and even when I hate you I'll befriend you
we're like two peas inside a pod
I thank a nonexistent God
you spoiled the child and spared the rod
a goal tender

M@ 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment