Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gecko Wind



cockroaches and silverfish
coming out of drains
they scuttle wildly, place to place
errant thoughts from brains
the overflowing vegetation's
trying to explode
something wants to crack the floor
down under the commode

Gecko wind, the tropics tend
to make Hyde into Jeckyll
the blazing sun, the rains that run
the darkening of freckles
the blonding hair, the bonding air
defeat my good intention
Lying low, I let it go
it doesn't warrant mention

mosquitos giant take the pint
deflate my epidermis
I must've left some food bereft
the sound of rustling squirmis
A lizard's crawled into the airconditioning again
now I smell, a gust from hell 
like wet flesh from the vent

Gecko wind, the tropics tend
to make me overheated
anxieties and pieties, I fly to these, I cheated
I lie in sand, I play my hand
my skin begins to fry
from white to pink to brown to red
from seat to deeper-seated

consider next: how making art 
is like taking a shit
I flex my pecs and squeeze my cheeks but
nothing comes of it
I'm off the charts with songs and farts
the body of work fills
I never get that floaty feel
without the sweats and chills

Gecko wind, the tropics tend
to offer some redemption
a change of pace, a sunburned face
the winter needs preemption
I pack my bag, I buy some rags
I make my reservations
there's got to be some state of me 
that wants to change the stations

soggy matches,come in snatches
ideas just like this
I'm out of bed, songs in my head
or maybe just to piss
my gut expands, the beer and sandwiches begin to clog
the night is gone and now it's dawn
with roosters, bugs and frogs

Gecko wind, the tropics tend to skew my sense of reason
I'm glad I've had, they're not half bad
the seasonings and seasons
I can't complain, it's not a strain
to strain out rice and muses
I thank my stars, take rental cars
motorbikes and cruises


M@ 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment